Sharks Tooth, Mitta Mitta River - Dartmouth.
This river section provides the best summer rafting in Southern Australia with the longest Grade 4 rapid commercially available in Victoria, with enormous volume of water being pumped out of Dartmouth Dam to create a deep, fast flowing river with big waves, giving conditions similar to the rivers of New Zealand and Canada!
On this river journey, you will tackle The Weir, Rollercoaster, Sharks Tooth (part 1, 2 and 3), Raft Eater, and much more… Sharks Tooth, being the most challenging rapid at three hundred and fifty meters long with waves up to two and a half meters high, and a vertical drop of eight meters, you will be on a whitewater high!
Between rapids, our guides will entertain and challenge you with fun water activities, and give you a chance to take a plunge from a six-meter high cliff. So prepare to take a jump and swim in the pristine Victorian pools!
All preparation for this fantastic summer journey are taught to you on the morning of your trip by our experienced guides to make sure you are thoroughly prepared for your descent.
River shuttles, equipment, guides and lunch are all catered for, just bring your sense of adventure for the great outdoors and come along on a trip not to be forgotten this summer!
20th February 2016 (Females Only)
5th March 2016 (Males Only)
Arrive at Melbourne CBD departure point where we will board the bus, grab some coffee and prepare for departure (the address will be sent to you via SMS after the registration is complete).
Please ensure that you have a good, healthy breakfast beforehand, as you will need high energy during the day for an intensive rafting experience!
Depart Melbourne, making our way to the rafting campsite, enjoying some amazing scenery along the way that Victoria has to offer.
We will make a stop at one of the towns along the way for a short break and some refreshments.
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Arrival at Mitta Mitta Township
12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
We will then go through the full safety briefing and paddle lessons with the experienced guides, followed by a light lunch at the park.
Please note: There will be male experienced guides even at the female-only group.
Buckle up, and get ready to begin your river journey!
End of river journey, Asr prayers, and preparation for departure.
Depart Mitta Mitta Township making our way back to Melbourne, stopping along the way for a short break, Maghrib, and dinner/refreshments.
- A pair of runners/sports shoes that can get wet - (no thongs, sandals or Crocs)
- Mid/long length shorts/pants to protect your legs and a t-shirt or sun-shirt with sleeves/collar is preferable.
- Glasses strap (if required)- especially if you have an expensive pair of sunnies!
- Personal medication if required
- A change of warm clothes for the end of the day including a warm jacket as the weather can change quite quickly
- Sunscreen, peak hat, insect repellent
- Water bottle
- Transport to and from Melbourne
- Halal Lunch (lunch is vegetarian, most request can be accommodated however as the trip will be in a remote location, it is sometimes better for you to bring along any specialized meal requirements)
- River transfers
- River equipment (helmets, Hi-float buoyancy vests, rafts, paddles, safety equipment, first aid, and emergency communications)
- Internationally experienced river guides
As conditions are traditionally very warm at this time of year, wetsuits are not required, however are available if conditions are cool, along with the following:
- Breathable spray tops
Fitness Level / Experience
- An average level of fitness is required, no previous white water experience is necessary
- If you have any medical conditions or dietary requirements that may be relevant, please inform us prior to the trip
- Children between the ages of 12 - 17 must be accompanied by an adult, and will be required to sign a consent form allowing the child to participate in the activity (children under the age of 12 cannot participate in this activity)
- Children must weigh a minimum of 30kgs to be correctly fitting into a Hi-float buoyancy vest and be able to listen and follow guides directions